Deadline for submission March 14th
Criteria for Applicants:
East Bay College Fund grants scholarships up to $16,000 to be awarded over 4 years (or over a longer college tenure, if needed)
* Applicants must be current graduating senior attending an Oakland public high school
* Must demonstrate:
- Academic preparation to succeed in college.
- Resiliency: able to overcome obstacles to achieve academic and personal goals
- Life skills: Responsible, Resourceful and Involved in school or the community, etc.
- Financial need to attend college
* Must apply to at least two 4-year colleges – we encourage students to apply to a range of 4-year colleges and universities, including private institutions, UCs and CSUs
* Must be committed to enroll and matriculate at a four-year accredited college or university in the fall 2016.
* Cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA to maximum 3.7 GPA. Note: Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis
* If you receive any of the following awards, you may be ineligible for an East Bay College Fund Great Expectations Award.
- Berkeley Incentive Award
- UC Berkeley Cal Opps/Cal Works
- Students Rising Above
- Gates Millenium
- Any other scholarship over $3500