2013 Great Expectations Awards
Application period is now closed.
Deadline for submission was February 8, 2013.
East Bay College Fund grants $16,000 scholarships to be awarded over four years ($4,000 per year). Selected Scholars must meet the following criteria:
- Senior attending an Oakland public high school
- Academic preparation to succeed in college.
- Resiliency: able to overcome obstacles to achieve academic and personal goals
- Life skills: responsible, resourceful and involved with others (work, school, family, community)
- Documented financial need
- Must have applied to at least two 4-year colleges
- We encourage applications to a range of 4-year colleges including private schools, UC’s and CSU’s
- Will be attending a four-year accredited college or university in the fall.
- Cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA to maximum 3.7 GPA. Note:Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis
- If you receive any of the following awards, you may be ineligible for an East Bay College Fund Great Expectations Award.
- Berkeley Incentive Award
- UC Berkeley Cal Opps/Cal Works
- Students Rising Above
- Gates Millenium
- Any other scholarship over $3500