Deadline for submission March 8
Criteria for Applicants:
East Bay College Fund grants scholarships up to $16,000 to be awarded over 4 years (or over a longer college tenure, if needed)
* Applicants must be current graduating senior attending an Oakland public high school
* Must demonstrate:
- Academic preparation to succeed in college.
- Resiliency: able to overcome obstacles to achieve academic and personal goals
- Life skills: Responsible, Resourceful and Involved in school or the community, etc.
- Financial need to attend college
* Must apply to at least two 4-year colleges – we encourage students to apply to a range of 4-year colleges and universities, including private institutions, UCs and CSUs
* Must be committed to enroll and matriculate at a four-year accredited college or university in the fall 2016.
* Cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA to maximum 3.7 GPA. Note: Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis
* If you receive any of the following awards, you may be ineligible for an East Bay College Fund Great Expectations Award.
- Berkeley Incentive Award
- UC Berkeley Cal Opps/Cal Works
- Students Rising Above
- Gates Millenium
- Any other scholarship over $3500
Mandatory Dates for Great Expectations Awards Recipients:
If awarded a Great Expectations 2016 Scholarship, the following are mandatory events:
- Scholar & Mentor Orientation (Evening in mid-May 2016; date and location to be determined)
- Scholarships Awards Ceremony (Evening in mid-May 2016; date and location to be determined)
- Program Kick-Off (All-day Saturday in early June 2016, 2015)
- Summer persistence events and participation in year-long freshman persistence programming at his or her college campus through our College Crews Program
- Summer Retreat (Late July, late afternoon/evening event)
- Second Summer Event (All day in early August 2016)
- Winter Retreat (Dec 2016)